Thursday, March 18, 2010
To go back to work, or Not to go back to work . . . .
Some people think I shouldn't be making this decision so soon, but since we are going to South Africa for a month this summer, I can understand why my work kinda wants to know so they can plan for it. As of today and the last couple of days, I am leaning towards not going back. Anyone have any thoughts?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Well, I can say it's great to be home with the babies, although sometimes you will miss talking to someone about something other than poop, pee, puke, or laundry. I will say that I wouldn't trade being home with Evan for anything. You are there for all their firsts, and you don't spend the day wondering what they are doing. I will say you lose a lot of personal time though being home with them because you are suddenly with them almost 24/7, where if you worked you would get a break. It really just depends on what you want to do. I think Mom's that work are great, but I think staying home is a really neat option if you can work it out.
ReplyDeleteAnd if you are talking about going back after you return from So.Africa, but before the babies are born, then I'd say go back until you no longer feel comfortable working. Having quit work at about 6-1/2 mos. with Kevin and at 8 mos. with Patrick, I can say that it was much better to wait as long as possible. The time goes by lots faster when you have something to do every day. Also, the extra $$$ will help to pay for all those diapers!
ReplyDeleteI think you should not go back to FT. but if you do want to work work PT.,
ReplyDeleteyou will not want to be away from them babies.