Well I went to see my dentist today because I have had a bad toothache for about 2 weeks now. I was terrified that I would have a cavity and need a root canal or some other work done. I haven't have a cavity since like 2nd grade!!
Anyway, to my great relief, the problem is actually an infection of the gums in the area of the tooth. Would you believe that being pregnant often carries a symptom of gum disease? Who knew?!? Apparently this is very common and is treated with a mouth rinse and switching to an electric toothbrush. Also, after birth the condition ceases. Wow, learn something new every day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I went to the dentist yesterday as well, and they were telling me the same thing! I don't have any problems right now, but they were telling to watch for symptoms. Who knew. They also said if it gets really bad, it can cause pre-term labor! I never would have thought about my teeth being affected by pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteI know, isn't that weird!!??!!
ReplyDeleteMy friend never had a cavity in her life until she was pregnant! I guess it's more common than we think!
ReplyDelete